|Second (current) church building opened 1885|
The current church building was officially opened in 1885. The current building is the second building that replaced the original building. In 1884 "the village witnessed the dramatic rescue of the church furnishings" when the original building was destroyed in bush-fires; furnishings which remaining in the building today.
|[First church building|
Having a church building is so important to the congregation as a place to meet, to hold their memories and to grow together. The Church is an important asset to any community, which is why the people of Port Albert requested a place in which to worship. This request was granted, and the building opened on the 8th of March 1863.
[Information & Photo Source: St John's Anglican Church Port Albert, compiled by Melva F. James, Yarram & District Historical Society Inc. Jan 2011]